Viridian Lawyers is looking to hire an exceptional paralegal to join our growing team.
Viridian Lawyers is a respected boutique corporate law firm specialising in digital privacy, ecommerce, intellectual property and capital raising, with an emphasis on startups and high-growth businesses. With a diverse client base and a forward-thinking approach to the law, joining the Viridian Lawyers team will provide you with hands-on experience in interesting matters as well as opportunities for career progression and flexible work.
About the Role:
As a paralegal at Viridian Lawyers, you can expect day to day responsibilities of:
- Preparing matter briefs and conducting legal research across an array of legal areas;
- drafting client advice on complex and diverse legal issues;
- drafting a wide variety of documents and agreements;
- liaising directly with clients when advising;
- liaising with IP Australia, ASIC and other regulatory bodies; and
- staying abreast of changes to the fintech, legal, and digital privacy spaces.
The ideal candidate must have:
- excellent attention to detail;
- strong written and verbal communication skills;
- friendly yet professional email and verbal etiquette;
- A proactive approach, strong work ethic and a genuine desire to meet and exceed expectations when completing tasks; and
- strong legal problem-solving skills and an innovative mindset in addressing client needs.
Strong applicants will also have:
- a personal interest in technology, digital privacy and capital raising;
- strong technology skills, and an understanding of technical concepts relevant to startups and technology businesses;
- demonstrable prior experience working in an office environment, ideally in a paralegal/clerk role or similar; and
- strong writing skills.
What’s in it for you:
The successful applicant will be provided with comprehensive training when they join the team, and in addition to working in a diverse and engaging role, can expect:
- flexible working arrangements allowing you to choose to work from home or face-to-face;
- work hours that suit you and your schedule;
- opportunities for career development and progression;
- a consistent feedback loop to enable you to develop your skills; and
- a personally rewarding career at a firm that values your personal time and interests.
Apply by sending a short cover letter and your up to date resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be in touch.